I am not a diesel mechanic but I try to capture what I learn as I work through different issues. I read everything I can find about the early L-Series Tractors. I understand the L175, L210, L225, L225DT, and L260 are essentially the same tractor except for differing engine size. Also the L225/L225DT has a 3 cyl engine and the 225DT has 4 wheel drive components. If you know other wise, let me know. I think the 1969-70 L200 is somewhat like these but didn't have headlights.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Glow Plug Surprise - Reprise

It was cold (for here) last night. It went down to 21F. This provided the perfect opportunity to see if the glow plug wiring repairs I did in June were up to the task and also check if the engine was sound enough to start when cold. Hoo-Hah! Heated up the glow plugs and she fired to life on the third revolution after sitting for over a month. Only one cylinder fired at first and it took a little time before the other kicked in. That can't be good for it, but it's better than using ether.

Last winter I struggled with unpredictable starting. Well, let this be a lesson. The glow plugs won't heat if they're shorted out of the circuit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home