I am not a diesel mechanic but I try to capture what I learn as I work through different issues. I read everything I can find about the early L-Series Tractors. I understand the L175, L210, L225, L225DT, and L260 are essentially the same tractor except for differing engine size. Also the L225/L225DT has a 3 cyl engine and the 225DT has 4 wheel drive components. If you know other wise, let me know. I think the 1969-70 L200 is somewhat like these but didn't have headlights.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Maximizing Your Loader

I've moved scores of yards of dirt around the property with my Kubota. A two-wheel drive tractor with a loader faces some challenges as an earth mover in hilly ground, but it will get the job done. One of the most important things you can do is get as much weight on the back wheels as you can. Without some counter-balance, t won't back up hill with a full bucket. I put my heavy old tiller on the three point hitch and it makes all the difference.

I was thinking about making a block of concrete with 3 point hardware cast into it. I have no idea how much would be the ideal amount, but so far, the more I can get on the back wheels, the easier it is to back and steer with a full bucket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home